I'm finding that I feel great during the day when I start it out with a green drink.  Do you have a good recipe that you would like to share?

Views: 513

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I'm not sure if the drink must litterally be green to fit this discussion but it is green in the sense that is all natural and packed with nutrition and free radical fighting power, hope red is ok.

Click the link or picture for details and watch the video... http://www.GetNingxiaRed.com

I do have a great green food supplement that I use every day.  It's my own called Go4Greens.  I retail it in health food stores and also on my website http://go4greens.com/ The name of my company is KBS Nutrition.  I started my business in March of 2010.  The thing that I love best about Go4Greens is the taste, but there are so many good things in it too.  Kale, broccoli, carrots, probiotics, digestive enzymes, milk thistle, green tea extract, aloe vera..... just to name a few.  Again, though, back to the taste.  I knew when I started this that I wanted something with a great taste.  Just one scoop in a cold glass of water and I feel great.  It's really helps with my type I diabetes too.  When I drink it every morning, I eat better.  I'll drink Go4Greens and have a piece of fruit for breakfast and sometimes I'll have another glass in the afternoon.  It maintains my energy throughout the day.  It's called Go4Greens because there are 4 custom superfood blends per scoop:  Go Veggie Blend, Go Probiotic Blend, Go Enzyme Blend, and Go Powder Blend.  Go4Greens are quick and easy to use.  So as it says on our bottle.... Refuel your body the greens way!

This morning I juiced a beet, some broccoli, 2 lemons & some parsley then threw it in the Vitamix & added raw cocao, maca, coconut oil some Dragon Herbs Tonic Alchemy a piece of fresh pineapple, some ice & a touch of hazelnut stevia.

Some may say I have gone too far (what was I thinking?) my youngest daughter rolled her eyes & put her hands to her throat as if dying after smelling it.

It actually wasn't that bad. Strange, but not bad. I will have quite the energy to search for Bald Eagles during our hike today.

Do you have a "weird or strange" recipe that gets you going?

I shouldn't admit this... but I admit to being too lazy to make a lot of drinks/smoothies from scratch. Because of this, I want a carefully designed, product produced using methods designed to retain the most nutrients possible. I love Synergy WorldWide's "Core Greens" -- containing Wheat Grass, Oat Sprout Powder, Barley Grass, Lemon Grass, Avocado Fruit, Cucumber Fruit, Okra Pods, Celery Seed, Parsley Leaves, Spinach Leaves & Stems, Kale Leaves, Broccoli Flowers, Cabbage Leaves, Tomato Fruit, Wintergreen Leaves, Peppermint Leaves, Rosemary Leaves, Sage Leaves, Spearmint Leaves & Flowers, Thyme Leaves.

For another option ( although not a "green drink"), The Synergy Max Fit Smoothie fuels your appetite with a boost of protein, fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to give you the healthy lift you need - regardless of your activity level. And it tastes AWESOME! www.synergyworldwide.com/Sites/PDF/maxfitsmoothie.pdf

I am LOVING Rockinwellness these days. Not green, it's chocolate but super yummy & loaded with good stuff! http://www.rockinwellness.com/

ForeverGreen has just came out with Green Smoothie Roll Ups..So you can take your Green Smoothie with you on the go. All Natural Organic it has the following Spinach, Kale, Pineapple, Banana, Hemp Seeds, and Marine Phytoplankton..check it out at www.eattwolive.com go to weight management it is part of the Raw Promise Diet Product line..

Use a blender. Chop some fresh kale (a lot). Add about 1 tsp. milk thistle (ground), handful of blueserries, 1-2 frozen bananas and water. (try 8 oz and add to the right consistency.  Also add some ground flaxeed. Very green and nutritious. Good for teh skin and lessens wrinkling if done regularly.  

I also enjoy the JuicePlus+ Complete smoothie in vanilla or choloclate and it is all fresh, nutritious veggies from the land and sea in a hidden green drink way. Would not even know it. I love the nice steady flow of energy and taste as well as the fact that I am getting essenital amino acids which the body cannot make.Fills me up and regulates my insulin. If you work out, great for a faster muscle recovery and if one has hot flashes and menopausal, it can help reduce the symptoms there.YUM! www.wallleyworksjuiceplus.com

I love the Shakeology drinks.

They have three flavors to start one of them is vegan.

They are loaded with all the nutrients you could imagine it is a meal replacement and it is 100% gauranteed.. so you have nothing to lose except you may lose some weight!!

check it out and give it a try.

And they come with extra recipes to add to your palette.

beachbodycoach.com/gingerg101

Read about coaching opportunities as well. Want to help others?? want to build a business?

Check out my site and get in touch.  I can help you become a coach and start earning $$.

coach.gingerg.101@gmail.com

I love Green drinks. I used to buy them fresh from a great Vegan eatery, but I finally was convinced that I could make them myself. I weighed the decision between the purchase of a quality juicer or blender and decided on the Vitamix Blender made by CIA. As an RN and health coach, it is important to me that I use all parts of the vegetable, including the roughage or pulp. I recommend this to my clients as well! Here is a great recipe I just made:

Start with fresh organic produce. I used celery, carrots, zucchini, and avocado today! I add some fresh lemon juice and some ice. Not only was it delicious, but it was smooth, creamy and totally refreshing and filling! 

On other days, I might use Kale, carrots, cucumber and celery. On other days, carrot, beets and cucumber and celery.  

I use about 8-10 oz of water first. So good and good for you!

Enjoy! Let me know which one you liked best! It was the first time I used avocado! Yum!!

I've never tried avocado Amy, will have to give it a go. I have had my Vitamix for about 12 years and still use it daily. Between the Vitamix and Jack LaLanne juicer I am all set. Both great products!

Hi Pat,

I just got a Vita-mix for my birthday and I have been experimenting with different "green" smoothies.  My favorite thus far:

1 cup of kale

1 cup of non-fat vanilla or plain yogurt

1 apple

1 peach

1 cup of ice

Enjoy!!

I drink my "greens" from It Works everyday,I mix 2 tiny scoops in my orange juice or cranberry juice and it gives me my 8+ servings of fruits and veggies for the day.I feel amazing-lots of energy,my allergies are not as bad and I dont get sick as much as I used to.I also give my kids 1 scoop in their juice.You can read more at sexyskin.myitworks.com

RSS

Members

Latest Activity

© 2014   Created by Kim Peterson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

hpAhYjT0O3b5VWk1BurqMmGIfQk/ pinterest-b7dbc.html